Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
Willow Creek has some unique physical features. Our one entry/exit driveway and our population size make the drop-off/pick-up process challenging. However, we feel that when we all follow procedure to the best of our ability, we are able to maintain a safe environment for our children. We would like to remind everyone that safety is our number one priority for drop-off/pick-up. We try to be as efficient as possible to respect everyone’s time, but no 5 minutes of time is worth a tragedy; a tragedy that would greatly impact all of us. With this in mind, we ask for your diligent use of patience on those days when things seem to be running a little slow.
- Drop-off/pick-up takes place in the west parking lot at the basketball court area.
- Outside lane of traffic is for vehicles waiting to progress through the line to reach the drop-off/pick-up area.
- No vehicles should be left unattended at any time in the outside lane.
- The Inside lane should only be used for moving traffic; no vehicle should be left unattended at any time in the inside lane.
- We ask that only Kindergarten parents park their vehicles and physically get their students from the class lines. We do understand that there are unique situations that may require a parent of a non‐Kindergarten student to park, but this should not be the normal daily procedure.
- Parked vehicles should always use the inside parking spots, unless none are available. Please understand that parking in the outside spots tends to slow down the process when those individuals are trying to join the traffic flow.
- Please do not ever allow your student(s) to walk through the parking lot without an adult escort regardless of their age.
We thank everyone ahead of time for following this procedure and contributing to a safe and orderly environment at Willow Creek Elementary. It is what all of our children deserve!!